BLACK JEWELRY - Balancing the ROOT Chakra - The Color BLACK
Onyx is a banded variety of chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of quartz.
The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (not
including shades such as purple, blue, or black). Commonly, specimens of
onyx contain colors of white, tan, and brown. Sardonyx is a
variant in which the colored bands are sard (shades of red) rather than
Black Onyx enhances steadfastness and determination, setting ones mind to a task. It is grounding stone, valuable in difficult or confusing times in our lives. Extremely helpful to people who are in the process of " letting go" or
releasing the past attachments to "people , places and things.
Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe.
Can be used to deflect or absorb the negativity of others, and in that way is a good stone for protection from negative forces and influences. More powerful for people in recovery when combined with Amethyst - The Stone of Sobriety.
Onyx helps you become the Master of your own Fate.
- Enhances self mastery
- Valuable in difficult or confusing times of our lives.
- Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Helps to smooth out the "Roller Coaster Ride" of emotions.
- Protection: A good stone for Entrepreneurs and Inventors, to repel negative energy surrounding other peoples opinions or ideas.
- Detachment: The ancient Egyptians believe that it could cool the ardors of love and actually cause arguments between lovers to the point of separation! Use Onyx for self-protection or to keep away or end unhealthy or
bothersome emotional entanglements.
- Letting Go: Extremely helpful to people who are having trouble letting go or releasing the past or attachments and moving on after a relationship has ended, sometimes years past the event.
- Change: Helps release old beliefs and patterns that no longer serve us.
- Visions, and guidance through meditation and dreams.
Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe. Reduces Sexual desire. Balances and grounds. Not a
"healing stone", rather it repels (negative energy).
Helpful in treating teeth, bones, bone marrow, blood disorders, feet, glaucoma, epilepsy, and cell damage.
Keywords: vigor, strength, stamina, constancy, steadfastness, permanence , tenacity, firmness, durability, courage, and self-control.
SobrietyStones: 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous - Addiction and Recovery
1st Step: Determination, self mastery and self control . This can be applied in not taking that first drink, or making a commitment to attend meetings on a regular and consistent basis, or call your sponsor every day.
Although you are powerless over Alcohol, you are NOT powerless to make the decision to not take that first drink.
Onyx can be used to "repel" bad influences of "people places and things" and help you avoid those relationships that are unhealthy and lead you away from your intended goal of Sobriety.
This includes people that in your life who unconsciously sabotage your success in recovery because they are used to the status quo, chaos, fear change or do not understand the influence of your new found sober friends.
Carry a nugget in your pocket to remind you to keep on track, an stick to your decisions. Become a man or woman of your word.
3rd Step Stone: "Made a decision... " An aid and reminder of your decision to not drink today, and and that you have made the decision to turn you life over to a Higher Power.
BLACK ONYX - Grounding Stone .
Attuned to Root Chakra - 1st and 5th chakr a's.
Astrological: Stone of Leo.
Vibrates to the Number #6